Food Safety and Meat Processing 101
Food Safety & Meat Processing 101 is an interactive, online course that focuses on Industry Legislation & Regulation, Workplace Policies & Procedures, Food Processing Equipment, Workplace Health & Safety, Meat Types and Cuts 101, Knife Sharpening, Food Safety, Cleaning and sanitation including waste, Product Quality, Food Traceability and Communication & Leadership Skills.
Available!Return to Store
The Food Safety Fundamentals for Industrial Meat Cutters “Food Safety & Meat Processing 101” is an interactive, online course for Small, Medium and Large meat processing companies, currently employed industrial meat cutters, entry-level hires and temporary foreign workers in meat processing plants, unemployed or underemployed youth and adults, adults interested in careers in food processing, high schools’ recent graduates in municipalities where meat processing plants are located, post-Secondary meat programs.
Who Should Attend?
- currently employed industrial meat cutters
- entry-level hires and temporary foreign workers in meat processing plants
- unemployed or underemployed youth and adults
- adults interested in careers in food processing
- high schools’ recent graduates in municipalities where meat processing plants are located
- post-Secondary meat programs
Completion of the Food Safety and Meat Processing 101 course, participants will gain and develop the following knowledge, and skills:
- Organizational policies and procedures including Good Manufacturing Practices.
- The importance of proper handling, maintenance and control of equipment associated with Industrial Meat Cutters.
- The need for monitoring of produce conditions and how this is done through lot numbers and expiry dates, foreign material detection and visual observation.
- The importance of cleaning and sanitation of food processing equipment and tools as it relates to meat processing.
- Different Food Safety Management systems, how they are built and their role in delivering a safe and quality product.
- The importance of traceability systems in a meat processing plant and an Industrial Meat cutters potential role in traceability.
- The importance of the Occupational Health and Safety Program and the basic information for all respective processors/manufacturers.
- The importance of complying with Legislative and Regulatory Requirements.
- Effective communication skills, including listening, speaking and hand signals.
- The characteristics of professionalism in the workplace.
The goal of this training is to provide knowledge on food safety, understanding hygiene practice and protective equipment and safety in the workplace, understand meat cutting essentials, cleaning and sanitizing, knowing and following product quality and food traceability and finally provide great communication skills in the industry and uphold its legislation and regulations.
- Introduction to the World of Meat Processing
- Personal Hygiene Practices and Workplace Procedures
- Personal Protective Equipment and Safety in the Workplace
- Food Safety
- Meat Cutting Knives, Tools and Equipment
- Knife Sharpening Tools and Methods
- Meat Cutter Cleaning Basics
- Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Product Quality
- Food Traceability Systems
- Communications and Leadership
- Industry Legislation and Regulation
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.